51 in 51

I have done some impulsive things in my time…adopted some projects, some which I have seen to completion, some which I haven’t.  But I have never contemplated something of this magnitude.  Starting October 2014 I am planning to visit all 50 States and Washington DC in 51 months.   As with any quest, there are rules…well a rule really.  I have to spend at least a night for it to count.  So it cannot be a “drive through” or a one day visit.  Plus, since my home base in Chicago, that doesn't count for Illinois either.  Through my travels I will seek out local customs, eat local food, visit places of interest and collect a few souvenirs on the way, like a state fridge magnet, a state shot glass, a state postcard and a local chocolate or a treat.  Other than that I must truly try and enjoy my time exploring our country one state at a time.  So come December 2018, I would have done something very few have had an opportunity to do….go 51 in 51.


No comments:

Post a Comment